THE SESSION RFP IS NOW CLOSED
STAY TUNED FOR #F2ISUMMIT PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENTS STARTING IN JANUARY!
Farm to Institution New England along with Health Care Without Harm, the National Farm to School Network Northeast Regional Steering Committee, USDA Farm to School, and the New England Farm & Sea to Campus Network are pleased to announce the second biennial New England Farm to Institution Summit, taking place on April 6th and 7th at the DoubleTree Hotel in Leominster, Massachusetts. Pre-conference activities such as tours and workshops will take place on April 5th. We expect 500-600 attendees and invite you to be a part of this growing network.
The Summit Steering Committee invites you to submit your proposals for the 2017 New England Farm to Institution Summit. We encourage you to submit sessions that align with the Summit purpose and objectives below. We look forward to reading your proposals!
The F2ISummit is designed to inspire change and energize participants through sharing best practices and innovative strategies; enhancing network capacity through skill building; and strengthening our collective impact by engaging leaders and policymakers in shared problem-solving. The Farm to Institution Summit is designed to inspire change and energize participants through sharing best practices and innovative strategies; enhance network capacity through skill building; and strengthen our collective impact by engaging leaders and policymakers in shared problem-solving.
By addressing key themes such as equity in the food system, the role of policy in building a sustainable food system, and cross-sector networks, we are seeking session proposals that will help participants:
- Develop new skills that will enhance their effectiveness;
- Develop new partnerships throughout the region to enhance overall effectiveness;
- Learn about innovative strategies that have worked in other communities;
- Connect to local, state or federal policy-makers to support farm to institution efforts;
- Inspire each other to set and achieve bolder goals for our food system;
- Frame farm to institution in new ways to connect with a broader audience; and
- Clearly understand the need for and relevancy of farm to institution in our region.
Session Proposal Selection Rubric
To help guide the development of your proposal, we have included the criterion that will be used by reviewers to select sessions for the F2ISummit. In addition to the criteria below, final selections will be made taking into account the balance of sessions for all sectors and levels of expertise.
All costs to attend the 2017 F2ISummit, including registration, travel, and lodging are the responsibility of each presenter. Presenters with accepted proposals will receive a small discount on registration. The discount applies to registration only; it does not apply to any added costs for optional Wednesday activities, and is limited to three presenters per session. All presenters must be registered by January 27, 2017.
Presenter Policies & Procedures
- Breakout rooms will be set up in rounds with 10 chairs per table (although selected presenters may discuss alternative room arrangements with the event coordinator, and we will do our best to accommodate requests that will enhance participant experience)
- Each session will be assigned a volunteer Room Monitor to assist with last-minute needs, session evaluation and facilitation.
- An individual or organization can submit as many proposals as they want, but we may limit the number of times an individual or organization presents.
- Proposals may be accepted in total or in part, and presenters may be asked to pair with other similar proposals.
- Presenters must be willing to present at the conference either day.
- Presenters will be asked to share their digital presentations with conference participants.
Additional details will be provided to session organizers for accepted proposals after the review process.
Please submit your proposal by Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016. If you are having trouble with the form, please contact Dana Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE SESSION PROPOSAL FORM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Thank you for your interest in hosting a session!
New England Farm to Institution Summit 2017 Steering Committee
Peter Allison, Network Director, FINE
Dana Stevens, Event & Project Coordinator, FINE
Kaitlin Haskins, Communications Coordinator, FINE
Riley Neugebauer, Farm & Sea to Campus Coordinator, FINE
Nessa Richman, Metrics & Development Coordinator, FINE
Danielle Fleury, Farm to School Regional Lead, USDA Farm to School, Northeast Region
Jen Obadia, Eastern US Regional Director, Healthy Food in Health Care, Health Care Without Har
We'll let you know in early January if your proposed session will be on the final program.